This month’s meetup at Johnson & Wales University (1701 NE 127th St., N. Miami) will explore the opportunities and challenges educational institutions face in terms of social media:
- How to use social media to reach and keep in touch with alumni?
- How to reach out to potential new students and their parents?
- How to integrate social media for classroom learning?
- How to teach about social media use and safety to students … and parents?
- What about cyberbullying, sexting, and other pitfalls of online communication?
- What about crisis communications (crime alerts, etc.) using social media?
- How to use social media for marketing and community relations?
- Should educational institutions engage their followers?
- How to build community through sporting events, research, and other campus news?
- Luis Casas, Florida International University
- Maureen Lloyd James, Johnson & Wales University
- Christine Casas, University of Miami
- Rosanna Fiske, Florida International University
Panel to be moderated by Matthew Chamberlin
Parking is free in the faculty lot directly to the East of the building. Park in the lot and follow the signs to the event in the Rec Center (which is adjacent to the parking garage).
After the presentation, join us at Scorch Grill House located at 13750A Biscayne Blvd. Enjoy happy hour prices, (50% off all house liquors and wine, 2 for 1 Bud and Bud Light.
Hope to see you there!