Whether it’s checking out reviews on Yelp, posting travel plans on TripIt, or reaching out to a restaurant on Twitter, social media has become a key component in people’s decision making process as they plan their next vacation or even dinner reservations.
Hospitality and tourism brands have responded by creating social media presences to engage guests, provide real-time customer service, address crisis situations, and build online communities around their brands. Join us for the SMCSF November meet-up to hear our expert panelists discuss the impact social media has made on the hospitality and tourism industry and how leading brands are joining the conversation.
Panelists will include:
- Alexandra Wensley, Director of Communications for the Mandarin Oriental Miami and Riviera Maya
- Bruce Turkel, CEO of TURKEL, a leading advertising firm specializing in travel and tourism
- Aniece Meinhold, Sushi Maki
- Maria De Los Angeles, Travel Writer, Award Winning Blogger and forum moderator for
- Maria Argüello, Yelp, Sr. Community Manager
- Courtney Recht, Manager, Public Relations at Norwegian Cruise Lines
We will also be raffling some prizes, courtesy of NCL!
The post-event happy hour will be hosted by the Mandarin Oriental.
Parking: The Mandarin Oriental will be providing us with discounted valet parking for $15.
To keep up the latest news from Social Media Club South Florida, do connect with us online: